Thursday, May 26, 2016

List of Life

My brain was scattered with many moments, each of which I considered trying to form into a blog post for this entry.

1. Sister Helen Prejean came to speak at the Mount last night. She gifted us with moving words about the way her perspective on life and God shifted when she began encountering the poor - a beautiful prophet about the not-so-beautiful capital punishment system.

2. There is a lilac bush blooming right outside my window right now - one of my favorite blossoms within nose's reach.

3. I got to spend time looking at interesting trees with a friend.

4. I got to spend time in the garden with another friend and her poppy that looked as if it were floating in the air.

5. I enjoyed watching some intense kite flying at the beach. I had never seen anyone so committed as to so eagerly jump right into the cold lake!

So, I didn't know what to do with all of this life in this blog. But, lectio with today's Gospel provided an answer. Jesus asks Bartimaeus, "What do you want me to do for you?" Bartimaeus replies, "I want to see." I just want to see, too, not necessarily trying to put all these experiences into words. And when you encounter abundant life, all you can do is be grateful.

With gratitude for life.

Let us walk in the holy presence.

Pax in Terra: A Meditation from Pema Chödrön

" One of the astronauts who went to the moon later described his experience looking back at Earth from that perspective. Earth looked s...