Sunday, May 15, 2016

I, Matter

Every once in a while (and actually, more often than not), I find myself caught in word play. It is the natural consequence of loving words and an overactive mind.

This weekend the community enjoyed a presentation from Lynn Levo, CSJ. She gave us great insights on what it means to be truly human - to be full, free, and loving. While reminding the community just how important each of us is, she also reminded us that we can only understand that reality through relationship with each other. Basically, we need each other.

It made me think about one of the units that I taught in fourth grade science - Matter.

If I truly believe in God, Jesus, and the Spirit, then everything is important. Everything matters. Yes, every little bit of creation, every particle of matter is so infused with the sacred that I must reverence it.

Everything. Matter matters.

The homophone "matter" (another fourth-grade concept) - coincidence...I think not.

Happy Pentencost! Spirit alive!

Let us walk in the holy presence.

Pax in Terra: A Meditation from Pema Chödrön

" One of the astronauts who went to the moon later described his experience looking back at Earth from that perspective. Earth looked s...