Sunday, September 13, 2015

Fully, Freely, Lovingly

This weekend, I received the great gift of hearing Lynn Levo, CSJ present at an inter-community retreat for women and men religious in formation. The theme of the weekend was exploring how to live fully, freely, and lovingly through our first vocation - being human, while also learning how we express ourselves as humans who are living a consecrated life.

I was most grateful for Lynn's openness and vulnerability; she was a living, breathing model of the weekend's theme. More than once she reminded us of our call to communion with ourselves, with God, and with others, defining communion in two ways:
1. To be one with without losing yourself
2. To be one with diversity

In relation to communion, Lynn also said more than once, "I cannot be me without you. You cannot be you without me." We need each other. And I will certainly need more than one entry to write about my weekend as I reflect on all I heard.

I am so grateful for all the awareness I gain from walking with my family, friends, strangers, and now, my new community. You are Holy Presence in my life. So, I will leave you (until I write more about the weekend later) with this poem from Mr. Rogers that Lynn read to us:

It's you I like,
It's not the things you wear,
It's not the way you do your hair--
But it's you I like.

The way you are right now,
The way down deep inside you--
Not the things that hide you,
Not your toys--
They're just beside you.

But it's you I like--
Every part of you,
Your skin, your eyes, your feelings
Whether old or new.
I hope that you'll remember
Even when you're feeling blue
That it's you I like,
It's you yourself,
It's you, it's you I like.


Let us walk in the holy presence.

Finding enough space to share while walking around the grounds.


Pax in Terra: A Meditation from Pema Chödrön

" One of the astronauts who went to the moon later described his experience looking back at Earth from that perspective. Earth looked s...