Monday, August 26, 2019

All the Way to Heaven is Heaven

This time of year in Erie, I call it "perfect." Every farm stand is full of color and bounty. We are blessed.

As I bought some fresh corn and plums from a neighbor down the road on Friday, I thought to myself, "This is heaven." We are eating so many fresh and rich flavors right now. There’s fresh corn served on the regular for dinner; we have had peaches and tomatoes and beans, too. Everything is right “off the vine” and into our bodies for nourishment. These days make the winter worth it for me. Wouldn’t you say?

And remember that corn we planted in June?

Look at it now! (Yes, it's delicious.)




It doesn’t get much better than this.

Let us walk in the holy presence.

Pax in Terra: A Meditation from Pema Chödrön

" One of the astronauts who went to the moon later described his experience looking back at Earth from that perspective. Earth looked s...