Saturday, March 31, 2018

This Is The Night

I shouldn’t have been surprised today when, as I was running, my steps sped up upon turning on All Shall Be Well on YouTube. (Yes, I will admit it was a premature listen seeing as “this is the night,” and “that was the afternoon” leading up to Easter Vigil, but I couldn’t help myself.) (I also couldn’t help listening to it about twelve times on repeat.)

I had enjoyed the music I was playing before, but there is something about the heightened joy of singing, “Jesus alive!” that makes it difficult to contain myself. Yesterday morning during Tenebrae prayer, we chanted lines that elicited the same feeling of excitement inside me.

Even the bleakest life
sustains the consciousness
that somewhere, somehow,
there is going to be a resurrection,

a rebirth of life, of joy, of beauty,
that will never fade.

There is going to be a resurrection,
a rebirth of joy,
of beauty that will never fade.

May we believe this is to be true; this is the night, after all.

Easter blessings to each of you.

Let us walk in the holy presence.

early preparations occur in chapel, too

Pax in Terra: A Meditation from Pema Chödrön

" One of the astronauts who went to the moon later described his experience looking back at Earth from that perspective. Earth looked s...