Tuesday, August 24, 2021

It Doesn't Get Much Better Than "Great"

Yes, we had a lovely time on Lake Michigan. I got to experience Grand Rapids for a day before we headed a bit more west toward the lake. We also made a quick stop in Grand Haven, equally lovely.

I think every tree should be wrapped in a blanket like this...and every person...and all creation. Needless to say, I fell in love with many trees in Michigan! This one was around the corner in Grand Rapids.

I try to find the best tacos each time I travel, and I think I found them in Grand Rapids, too...

And then, onward to Lake Michigan. Yes, it was that blue and perfectly sunny, too.

More trees to love. I felt kinship with this willow because of our fallen Grandmother Willow. And I loved the way these two trees love one another...


We enjoyed time on multiple bodies of water, including some kayaking time.

And we ended our trip with boat ride at sunset. Gorgeous and glorious.


Let us walk in the holy presence.

Today
Mary Oliver

Today I’m flying low and I’m
not saying a word
I’m letting all the voodoos of ambition sleep.

The world goes on as it must,
the bees in the garden rumbling a little,
the fish leaping, the gnats getting eaten.
And so forth.

But I’m taking the day off.
Quiet as a feather.
I hardly move though really I’m traveling
a terrific distance.

Stillness. One of the doors
into the temple.

Pax in Terra: A Meditation from Pema Chödrön

" One of the astronauts who went to the moon later described his experience looking back at Earth from that perspective. Earth looked s...